Monday 8 November 2010

RESEARCH



When I was reading through the quote I thought it would be beneficial to find images as references to help me create the effects I wanted, they gave me a great deal of inspiration for my costume ideas.. The descriptions in the quote looked like they were all reflected in these images, so I thought they would be useful as references for my costume design.

‘Fagan’ from Oliver Twist- His jacket inspired me because it looked like it was torn and areas had been worn away through age. The material looked rough and dirty, unfortunately it was a black and white picture so I couldn’t see the colours but I would imagine it was either grey or brown. His hair and makeup also inspired me as I thought this would be an ideal look for the model I use in my photo shoot, as he looked weathered, old and dirty much like the character I imagine to be wearing my costume.

‘Hagrid’ from the Harry Potter films, This coat looks old and worn, it is patchy and the material looked weathered and drab.

The clothes in this picture really reflect for me what I am aiming towards producing, the shirt and trousers look worn and creased, the dirt is visible and the colour is patchy.

From these images, I collected all of my ideas and drew up some sketches on what I would like to produce.




No comments:

Post a Comment